Monday, October 20, 2008




the smell of the house as i lie on the cold marble floor was all i could remember. as i lie there, i watched them busy with the food and awaiting dinner. she barked and she ran about wanting me to bring it out for a run. i simple just lay there watching the stirring and aroma of pork chop as dirt got onto my hands and face still i was a satisfied boy. afternoons of back alleys and catches was all that was on my mind, as though i was living life on a prayer. still i lay there now turning to one side not wanting to get up. old teabags and sugar stains filled my nostrils as i reached for a cushion. the memory of it all flashed back as i took a sniff, reminding me of nights where i sat and watched shakespear's A Midsummer Night’s Dream. propped up on the white and blinding stand stood the tube. it was presumptuous. the night was warm as i got ready for that adventure. still i lay there now, rubbing my fingers on the baby blue tiles as i designate the time and name of the manna man. a colossal bowl was laid down there as i still laid on the ground however moving on to the back of it all, attempting to batten myself on the spices found in the garden. i started to pirouette on my toes as i looked around for company. as i looked up the reflection of the light from the bathroom, it reminded me of the un-explored attic. wondering when will i ever gather the courage to go up. still i lay on the cool ground as the moon rose only to find myself impelled to go back inside. i feigned fullness as i raced to find her, as though she was lost in the woods forever. it was a breathe of fresh air as the moon reveal the softness of it all. i was immediately a aficionado. back home i laid there again, devouring my dinnner and hearing the barks of my neighbour's dogs. everything was right......yet it seemed hurtful as i cant bear to touch it. as i look back now, i think it was the hardest part of my life....it keeps coming back, haunting me, like a foul of excrement only waiting on me to embrace it lovingly in my arms. i missed it all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home